Fix issues with installing Ruby gems using Bundler
If you have an older version of RubyGems installed in your development VM, you may see errors such as the following when attempting to run
Gem::FilePermissionError: You don't have write permissions for the /tmp/user/1000/bundler20180710-1078-kd7bl1rake-12.3.1/bin directory. An error occurred while installing rake (12.3.1), and Bundler cannot continue. Make sure that `gem install rake -v '12.3.1' --source 'http://rubygems.org/'` succeeds before bundling.
To fix these errors, upgrade RubyGems for each Ruby version installed in the VM by running
sudo gem update --system.
Run this command in the root folder of each app which displays errors when running
bundle since they may be using different versions of Ruby with their own old copy of RubyGems.
More about Development VM
- Can't connect to Mongo in VM
- Content store times out in VM
- Fix issues with vagrant-dns
- Fix low disk space in development
- Fix NFS errors in VM
- Not enough RAM for the VM
- Problems provisioning and fetching packages in VM
- Replicate application data locally for development
- Run an application in the VM
- Send a test email via Notify
- SSH into GOV.UK servers from the VM
- SSH into your VM directly
- Unable to mount VirtualBox shared folders
- Using `bowl` fails with bundler error