Remove an asset
If you need to remove an asset manually from
follow these steps:
sudo find / -name some-asset.pdf(this may take some time)
sudo rm /mnt/uploads/asset-manager/assets/.../some-asset.pdf
asset = Asset.find("asset-id-from-url")(e.g.
57a9c52b40f0b608a700000a) or for a Whitehall asset
asset = WhitehallAsset.find_by(legacy_url_path: '/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/id/path.extension')
- Check the asset is what you think it is and delete:
- Navigate to your local fabric-scripts directory
fab production class:cache cdn.purge_all:'/media/.../some-asset.pdf
- Check that the asset responds with a 404
- Request removal of the asset using the Google Search Console
* Note: You might need to look at the timestamps or other information to figure out which records to delete if two assets share the same filename.