SSH into GOV.UK servers from the VM
By default, your SSH agent is forwarded to the VM. To confirm your key has been forwarded you can run:
$ vagrant ssh # ssh onto vm $ ssh-add -L # list key and location on host machine
Things to check if it doesn’t work:
- Can you SSH directly onto the jumpbox?
ssh jumpbox.integration.publishing.service.gov.ukIf not, check your ssh version and config.
- Do you get a permission denied error? Make sure you’re in the
user list in the govuk-secrets repo for production access,
or the govuk-puppet repo for access to other environments.
Alternatively, are you the correct user? If you’re in the VM you might need to
specify a username (example:
ssh firstname.lastname@example.org), as ‘vagrant’ might be the default ssh username.
- Are you connecting from outside The White Chapel Building? You’ll need to connect to the VPN first; SSH connections are restricted to the White Chapel Building IP addresses.
More about Development VM
- Can't connect to Mongo in VM
- Content store times out in VM
- Fix issues with installing Ruby gems using Bundler
- Fix issues with vagrant-dns
- Fix low disk space in development
- Fix NFS errors in VM
- Not enough RAM for the VM
- Problems provisioning and fetching packages in VM
- Replicate application data locally for development
- Run an application in the VM
- Send a test email via Notify
- SSH into your VM directly
- Unable to mount VirtualBox shared folders
- Upgrade PostgreSQL to 9.6 in the Development VM
- Using `bowl` fails with bundler error