SSH into GOV.UK servers from the VM
You will need to either forward your public key from the host machine to the VM or have your VM public key added to your user manifest.
To confirm your key has been forwarded to the development vm you can run:
$ vagrant ssh # ssh onto vm $ ssh-add -L # list key and location on host machine
Things to check if it doesn’t work:
- Can you SSH directly onto the jumpbox?
ssh jumpbox.integration.publishing.service.gov.ukIf not, check your ssh version and config.
- Do you get a permission denied error? Make sure you’re in the user list in the govuk-secrets repo for production access, or the [govuk-puppet repo][govuk_puppet] for access to other environments.
- Are you connecting from outside The White Chapel Building? You’ll need to connect to the VPN first; SSH connections are restricted to the White Chapel Building IP addresses.
More about Development VM
- Can't connect to Elasticsearch in VM
- Can't connect to Mongo in VM
- Content store times out in VM
- Fix issues with installing Ruby gems using Bundler
- Fix issues with vagrant-dns
- Fix low disk space in development
- Fix NFS errors in VM
- Increase RAM on the VM
- Problems fetching packages in VM
- Replicate application data locally for development
- Run an application in the VM
- Send a test email via Notify
- SSH into your VM directly
- Unable to mount VirtualBox shared folders
- Using `bowl` fails with bundler error