specialist-publisher: Creating a new specialist document format
To create a new specialist document you will have to make changes to this application, [govuk-content-schemas][govuk-content-schemas] and [rummager][rummager]. You will not have to make any changes to frontend applications.
Create a new specialist document format in Specialist Publisher
Create the schema
See CMA cases.
You'll need to generate your own UUIDs for it, e.g.:
$ irb irb(main):001:0> require "securerandom" => true irb(main):002:0> SecureRandom.uuid => "5087e8b6-ee54-40f9-b592-8c2813c7037d"
Create the model
See CMA cases
Create the view template
Add the schema
Rummager needs a copy of a schema very similar to the one in Specialist Publisher.
Tell Rummager about the format
Add a schema to govuk-content-schemas
- Add the format to this list
- Add any new field definitions to this file
- Add examples as instructed
- Follow the rest of the workflow
Deploy and publish
Once you're ready to ship your code to an environment,
- Deploy Specialist Publisher, Rummager, and govuk-content-schemas.
- Run the "Search reindex for new schema" Jenkins job. This takes around 45 minutes.
- Use the "Run rake task" Jenkins job to run
publishing_api:publish_finder[your_format_name_based_on_the_schema_file]against the specialist publisher app on a backend machine.