Block apps from being deployed
Generally our apps and deploy pipeline should always be in a state where
master is deployable.
If a release doesn’t work on integration or staging, consider reverting the commits if you’re unable to resolve the problem straight away.
In exceptional circumstances, we may wish to block deployment for a short period of time.
In this case, add a note to the application in the release app.
This should explain:
- Why the app is not deployable at the moment
- Who to contact about deploying the app
- When you expect the app to be deployable again
More about Deployment
- Deploy an application to GOV.UK
- Deploy AWS infrastructure with Terraform
- Deploy fixes for a security vulnerability
- Deploy Puppet
- Deploy when GitHub is unavailable
- Fall back to the static mirrors
- Handle encrypted hieradata
- Monitor your app during deployment
- Restart an application
- Run a rake task
- Set up Heroku review apps for pull requests
- Switch an app off temporarily