Publish to Puppet Forge
Logging in to the Forge
Credentials for the GDS Operations account can be found in the
gds/deployment:creds/infra_team secure store.
The URL for our account is: http://forge.puppetlabs.com/gdsoperations
Checks before releasing a new or updated module
1) Ensure that all tests pass and that the project conforms to our
2) Choose a new version number in accordance with Semantic
3) Add a new release entry to the
4) Update the
version field in
5) Create a pull request with these changes.
Releasing a new or updated module
1) Build the module with
bundle exec puppet module build.
2) Click Publish.
3) Submit the tarball you just built from the
Alternatively, use the puppet-blacksmith gem to push from the command line.
If publishing to the Forge was successful, create a tag on the repository:
1) Tag the release prefixed with a
git tag v0.1.2. Ensure
you tag the merge commit, not the branch commit.
2) Push the commit and tag to the repo:
git push --tags origin master