Publish to Puppet Forge
Logging in to the Forge
Credentials for the GDS Operations account can be found in
in the 2ndline password store.
The URL for our account is: http://forge.puppetlabs.com/gdsoperations
Checks before releasing a new or updated module
- Ensure that all tests pass and that the project conforms to our Open Source Guidelines.
- Choose a new version number in accordance with Semantic Versioning.
- Add a new release entry to the
- Update the
- Create a pull request with these changes.
Releasing a new or updated module
Via the Forge website
- Build the module with
bundle exec puppet module build.
- Click Publish.
- Submit the tarball you just built from the
Via the command line
The web UI is the preferred method, but it is also possible to use the puppet-blacksmith gem to push from the command line.
If publishing to the Forge was successful, create a tag on the repository:
- Tag the release prefixed with a
git tag v0.1.2. Ensure you tag the merge commit, not the branch commit.
- Push the commit and tag to the repo:
git push --tags origin master