Remove a user from Puppet
Removing a user from our infrastructure via Puppet is a 2 change process that requires a deploy in the middle. The first change ensures that when puppet runs the users home directory is removed, the second change removes the user from puppet itself. If the user is just removed from puppet their files will remain on our servers forever more.
- First find the user manifest in: modules/users/manifests.
- Add an entry to the govuk_user class of
ensure => absent,. Here is an example.
- Once this has been raised as a PR and merged, deploy puppet to all environments.
- Create another PR for puppet that:
- Create a PR in GOV.UK secrets that:
- Once these have been merged, deploy puppet again to all environments.