Remove a user from Puppet
Removing a user from our infrastructure via Puppet is a 2 change process that requires a deploy in the middle. The first change ensures that when Puppet runs the user’s home directory is removed; the second change removes the user from Puppet itself. If the user is just removed from Puppet their files will remain on our servers forever more.
- First find the user manifest in: modules/users/manifests.
- Add an entry to the govuk_user class of
ensure => absent. Here is an example.
- Once this has been raised as a PR and merged, deploy Puppet to all environments.
- Create another PR for Puppet that:
- Create a PR in GOV.UK secrets that:
- Once these have been merged, deploy Puppet again to all environments.