Send a test email via Notify
To send a test email using the dev VM or govuk-docker you will need to follow these steps:
- Sign in/create a Notify account via Notify
- Add a new service
- Click on ‘Templates’ and create a new template with subject
- Add the test email address to the whitelist by clicking on 'API integration’ then 'Whitelist’ if the test email is different from your Notify account email
- Then click on 'API keys’ and create an API key
- Select the Key 'Team and whitelist’
- Run the rake task in email-alert-api using the generated key, template ID and test email
$ bundle exec rake deliver:to_test_email[$TEST_EMAIL] GOVUK_NOTIFY_API_KEY=$KEY GOVUK_NOTIFY_TEMPLATE_ID=$ID
Prefix the command with
govuk-docker run if you are using govuk-docker.
Your mail box should now have received the email.