SSH into GOV.UK servers from the VM
You will need to either forward your publickey from the host machine to the VM or have your VM publickey added to your [user manifest][user-manifests].
To confirm your key has been forwarded to the development vm you can run:
vagrant ssh # ssh onto vm ssh-add -L # list key and location on host machine
Things to check if it doesn’t work:
- Can you SSH directly onto the jumpbox?
ssh jumpbox.integration.publishing.service.gov.ukIf not, check your ssh version and config.
- Do you get a permission denied error? Make sure you’re in the user list in the govuk-secrets repo for production access, or the govuk-puppet repo for access to other environments.
- Are you connecting from outside Aviation House? You’ll need to connect to the Aviation House VPN first; SSH connections are restricted to the Aviation House IP addresses.
More about Development VM
- Can't connect to Mongo in VM
- Fix issues with vagrant-dns
- Fix low disk space in development
- Fix NFS errors in VM
- Increase RAM on the VM
- Problems fetching packages in VM
- Replicate application data locally for development
- Run an application in the VM
- SSH into your VM directly
- Unable to mount VirtualBox shared folders
- Using `bowl` fails with bundler error