Architecture of data.gov.uk
data.gov.uk platform is used to publish and view datasets. A dataset is a document about a collection of links to documentation or data hosted somewhere on the Internet. The platform has the following software.
- CKAN is the legacy publishing and finder app for datasets (‘packages’). It also runs Nginx to support Find.
- Find is the public frontend for searching datasets using Elasticsearch. It replaces CKAN for certain routes.
- Publish is the prototype publishing app for datasets. It currently syncs with CKAN to populate Elasitcsearch.
- TODO: Other services (contract-finder-archive)
- TODO: Other services ([crime,education,finance,services,source,transport,weather,reference,guidance].data.gov.uk)
cf apps cf services cf routes cf env publish-data-beta-production