GOV.UK Kubernetes cluster documentation for developers
Use this documentation to find out how to:
- start using the GOV.UK Kubernetes clusters
- manage your GOV.UK app on Kubernetes
Kubernetes is a widely-used, open-source container orchestration system for managing containerised workloads such as GOV.UK’s.
- efficiently and automatically fitting workloads into available compute resources
- resilient, “self-healing” deployments
- service discovery and load balancing
- automated rollouts and rollbacks
- quotas and isolation of compute resources between workloads
- authentication, authorisation and audit logging
- secrets and configuration management
- managing persistent storage
See the official Kubernetes overview documentation for more information about Kubernetes.