Warning This document has not been updated for a while now. It may be out of date.Last updated: 5 Apr 2022
Reprovision a machine
Make sure you are aware what the consequences will be of removing a machine from the rotation and consider who needs to be aware of potential downtime. In particular, removing a single-point-of-failure machine will result in downtime.
- Log into the AWS console, select the correct environment and go to the EC2 service
- Locate the instance and confirm it’s the correct one by either instance ID or private IP address
- Select Terminate from the Actions -> Instance State menu
- The AWS Auto Scaling Group will reprovision the instance automatically
- If you have issues when reprovisioning new instances, see here