Last updated: 13 Sep 2023
govuk-infrastructure: Content Delivery Network (CDN) - Fastly
GOV.UK uses Fastly as its Content Delivery Network (CDN).
To setup Fastly, log into the Fastly web management portal.
- Choose a domain that users will use to reach your GOV.UK environment, e.g.
the GOV.UK EKS platform uses domain with format
- Create a Fastly/letsencrypt TLS certificate for your chosen domain and attach it to the "govuk" TLS configuration. Further details are available here
- You will be asked to create a CNAME to point to a specific given address, you should use
this address as the value of the variable
commons.yamlfile of the environment you are deploying, e.g. for integration it is located here
- In the Fastly portal, create a new CDN service, e.g.
<environment> GOV.UK EKS. You should use the same domain that you have chosen above. Make a note of the new service ID.
- Create a pull request in the GitHub repo
with a new service under
www-eks. You can use this previous pull request as example.
- See how to deploy Fastly.